Tuesday, November 24, 2009

20% Chance of Dry

I fully expected to wake to rain this morning being that the local weather guru's forcast was an 80% chance of rain. So I had the rain jacket set out just in case, turned out I didn't need it after all. Even though it was only about 45* this morning, it seemed warm, I guess due to the little bit of humidity in the air.

The one thing I did notice right away, except for the soreness in my knees, was the wind. It was howling pretty good out of the south and made the first mile a bit tough to get going. Seems the Monday run on the treadmill is making my knees a bit stiff and sore. It goes away after about a half mile thankfully.

I cruised along at a decent pace (8:15) and my heart rate was staying in check. Once I turned out of the wind it seemed to push me along and I actually started to heat up which will happen running with the wind. However I knew the last mile and a half would be right back into the wind. And it was... Running across both dams was like running in a wind tunnel. Felt like I was going nowhere fast.

I was actually looking forward to the last big hill to block the wind a bit. That hill is a good wind block and I motored up and over it and ran on in to finish the 6 mile loop. At that point I hussled back home to make sure A had set an alarm to wake up Kels for school! :)

Run Stats: 6 miles, 50:01 (8:19/mi), avg HR 147

Hitting the pool again at noon to get in a swim, and then the Tuesday night strength and conditioning workout tonight.

1 comment:

TELL3131 said...

I slept in and ate donuts. My HR was 155 when I hitting #10 of the dozen.