Ok so slowly but surely I'm getting back into the habit of getting up early to run. Up at 5:20 and out the door at 5:30 this morning. Not nearly as exciting as Tuesday's run in the snow showers. Unless you count screetching to a halt to avoid getting run over by the Lakewood security truck as it zoomed through a left turn in front of me. Not sure where he was going at 5:40am but he seemed to be in a hurry.
It was a pretty nice morning to run. Temps around 40 degrees, cloudy skies and not much wind. There was a bit of fog in the air which for some reason just makes everything seem so calm at that hour. I did see a few other souls out today too. One runner and five walkers. None of which were out in the snow Tuesday. Slackers! haha
Really feeling good right now. Not sure if it's the strength work or just better consistancy and frequency of running. I know I feel the same way during the first couple weeks of cycling class when I get out for a run. Pace is improving a bit at a steady heart rate which is always a good sign base training is going well.
Run Stats: 6 miles, 49:12 (8:10/mi), avg HR 152
Going to attempt another swim today at noon and hope my shoulder doesn't bother me. Couer d'Alene training starts the first week of December and opens with two swims each week of 3000 meters each. So I need to build back up to that distance in the next couple weeks. Plus tonights conditioning workout will probably be upper body stuff so a sore shoulder won't be pleasant to deal with doing a bazillion pushups!
***
Ok yeah shoulder still bothering me. Strange thing is it's now sore in the back side of the rotator cuff area now. Tuesday it was hurting in the front side. Just hurts to lift my left arm up and out of the water. So I bailed after 800. Save it for tonights workout...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment