Tuesday, December 1, 2009

30 Weeks

This week marks the beginning of "official" Ironman training for Coeur d'Alene. Kicked it off with a good 6 mile run Tuesday morning. Andrea got up with me and did her 2 miles in the chilly darkness. I think all the strength training with Roberto and the gang is really helping because I have felt very strong the last couple runs.

Run Stats: 6 miles, 49:48 (8:15/mi), 150 avg HR

Next up was a noon swim. Swim workout number 1 from the book. No pain in the left rotator cuff this time!

Swim Workout:
- 300 swim warmup
- 8 x 50 drills
-12 x 100 with 20 sec rest (leaving on 1:50's)
- 8 x 50 drills
- 200 cool down
2500 total yards. 46:00

7:00pm workout with Roberto putting us through the paces again.
- warmup of running in place, squat thrusts, etc
- stretching
- Station #1: overhead squats 5 reps / hurdle and box jumps x 2 sets
- Station #2: Sled push & Tire push / 50 yard sprint x 2 sets
- Station #3: Hamstring Ext 10 reps / Single leg squat jump on bench 5 reps per leg x 2 sets
- Station #4: Single leg squats 8 reps / Single legs bounds into sprint x 2 sets
- Station #5: Lateral lunges 5 reps / Ice-skaters 10 reps
- Station #6: Tire Flip (picture big dump truck tire laying on its side, pick up one side and flip it over... and over... and over... about 25 yards) x 2 sets
- 100 yard run with dumbbell / 100 yard 75% sprint without dumbbell
- Stretch

Yeah, nice full day, and this was day one!



1 comment:

LMs Blog (cont'd) said...

Oh you poor sod. I feel for ya. ever since I did IMAZ and the training that it took for the April perf. I have dreaded winter workouts. Good luck and all the best for you sir!