Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Swim and Track

Man why is it that some days you just feel aweful in the pool? Felt really weak during the noon swim Tuesday and the split times showed it! Had a difficult time keeping what I'd call any sort of decent form. Normally I'd have called it a workout after 1500, but I was determined to finish the 3000 on the plan. So I just sloshed through the last three 500's. Just one of those days I suppose...
  • Total Distance 3000m in 54:22
  • Lap Times: 8:24, 8:34, 8:37, 8:43, 8:43, 9:02

As bad as I felt in the pool, I felt exactly the opposite on the track for my mile repeats. Felt great warming up and was able to really push it on the reps and then felt good on the cool down. No pain or tightness in the right calf this time.

  • 2 mile warm up at 8 min pace
  • 2 x 1 mile repeats with one lap jog (6:24, 6:17)
  • 2 mile cool down at 8 min pace
  • 6.5 miles total

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell, that's the feeling I get EVERY DAY during workouts!! :-P Good you did it. Rest up now.