Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swim and a Run

Got in my typical noon swim on Tuesday of 6 x 500 and felt pretty decent. The pool at 24Hr has been a bit more quiet recently then it has been which is nice. Less of a hassle to get in the workout without having to ask to share a lane, which side you want? blah blah blah. To this point I'm just content with getting in the required distance for the day. Eventually I'm going to have to throw in some faster stuff though to build some strength and maybe a bit of speed.

Jared gave me a workout to try so I may give it a shot this Thursday. Which reminds me, I need to ask the folks at 24HR wherer the swim clock is???

Adding a bit of intensity to the running workouts now as well. Tuesday's run plan was 45 minutes. After 10 minute warmup, insert 3 x 3 minutes in zone 5 (85%+) with 1 minute jog recovery's. These were tough, but because I have been doing mile repeats getting ready for the Trolley run, these 3 minute efforts didn't seem too bad.
  • 10 minutes easy warming up, 1.29 mi, 7:45 pace
  • 3 minutes hard, 6:31 pace, 164 avg hr, 172 max
  • 1 minute jog
  • 3 minutes hard, 6:30 pace, 172 avg hr, 176 max
  • 1 minute jog
  • 3 minutes hard, 6:29 pace, 172 avg hr, 177 max
  • 1 minute jog
  • 3 miles easy to finish, 7:51 pace

Total run 6 miles, 7:34 pace, 158 avg HR

No comments: