Not with training mind you, but with posting to the blog. Funny how hot and cold I am with this thing...
At any rate the training continues as time marches on towards Ironman Louisville. Cycling class is now behind us and while I missed several workouts to attend Kelsey's basketball games, I still feel as strong as ever after the class. Perhaps because I missed a few classes and I'm not as shelled as I usually am once it's over.
Plus all the running I've been doing on my own and with the weekend crew, has really put me in great base fitness. Logged 110 miles in January, 111 in February and 113 in March. And the best part is the pace has improved each month at the same if not lower heart rates.
About time to start some faster running as I get into the build phase of training. Weeks 11 - 20. It's already week 10!
Today I ramped up my normal swim workout from 2500m to 3000m to get a feel for what next week will be like when my two 2500m swim workouts a week grow to three 3000m workouts. Felt pretty good throughout the swim and held an 8:30 average over the six 500m sets. Although I do feel a bit tired at the moment an hour later.
Going to meet some of the cycling class for a 6 mile time trial tonight and see exactly where I am as far as TT conditioning is concerned. Probably not great but still be fun to crank it up for a short time... more to follow...
Met several of the Bike Stop guys at a Casey's store and rode out to Buckner for the time trial. Good easy ride out with some short pick ups to warm up. Coach Greg was at the start but not many other riders were there yet. So we quickly lined up and hammered out our TT's and headed back to Casey's. The time trial felt pretty good. My Garmin was getting a lot of interference for some reason so I wasn't able to gauge my effort by anything other than the pain in my legs. Had a decent time of 15:12 for the 6 mile course at 23.6 mph. So I was pretty happy with that.
Riding back with Jared and another Bike Stop guy (man I'm terrible with names...) was great. We got lined out and took turns pulling. I couldn't wait to get to the front so I could slow it down!! About halfway back they pulled away a bit and I thought alone in the wind I'd be way off the back in no time. Thankfully they noticed and slowed up so I could catch back on.
Finished with 33 miles of riding. Not bad for a Tuesday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment