Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Round Up

Monday January 26, 2009

Decent weekend of training in spite of the really cold weather. I can now say I ran farther than the temperature! Golfer's will often say "some day I want to shoot my age". For a 70 year old to shoot 70 is pretty darn impressive. Well Saturday morning Christopher, Hugh, Eric, Brian and I met at 7:00am on the trail for our long run. It was a whopping 6 degrees when we started and only bumped up to 9 degrees when we finished our 11.5 miles. Still some snow on the ground from Friday nights little 1/2" or so dusting. Thankfully the sun was out and there wasn't much wind. So the run was actually not too bad.

So there you go, 11.5 miles in sub 10 degree temps.... Where is Spring?!?!

Sunday I was lazy and skipped my normal trainer ride. Still went to the afternoon yoga class with A at 4:30 though. Met Brian a bit early to check out his swim form and offer any pointers I could to help him get started. Looked much more comfortable in the water after 20 minutes or so of balance drills.

This week is a running recovery week. So cut back to 3 miles at noon on the treadmill at 24 Hour over lunch.

No comments: