Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blue Sky?

Ok so after a wet and cold weekend of training, the sun finally broke through making Tuesday a beautiful day. Actually got in a good run and could get by with just wearing shoes and shorts. The way a real run should be done! (didn't even wear the HRM chest strap)

Felt great to get out in the sun and put in some faster running. Legs did feel a little toasty after our 100 miles on the bike in the cold rain on Saturday and the 16 miles in the foggy/misty sprinkles on Sunday. Actually, I enjoy running in the cool rain, but riding in it? For 5-1/2 hours? Not so much...

Typically Tuesday is a track workout but I was reading the latest Runner's World the other day and there was an article on speed work which offered some different speedwork options. So I thought I'd try one out for fun.

This workout was a reverse ladder. After a couple mile warmup, five minutes hard, five minutes recovery, four minutes hard, four minutes recovery, three hard, three easy, two hard, two easy, and finally one hard and one easy and a cool down.

Here is how the workout looked...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the ladder. I don't have a track by me so I have a hard time doing "proper" speed work. But a ladder I can do anywhere.