Ok we made it... made it to the taper for Ironman. I always look forward to this part of the training. Slowly cutting back the volume of training is the reward for all the long hard training put in over 30 weeks.
I actually feel lucky to still be moving after the last couple weeks. Tweaked my left achilles doing intervals on the track during our annual Tour de Tracks workout the Monday after Memorial Day and thought my season was done. The achilles healed up by Thursday and I was able to get back to training... just in time for the last big weekend which had it's own issues.
Saturday after our Big Day Training workout (1 hour swim, 6 hour bike, 1 hour run) I cramped up terribly and actually had to call Jared to come help me out! The workout itself was okay and both Jared and I made it through the swim and the bike only to melt in the 95 degree heat and cut our run short after 25 minutes. Hugh was out looking for us and offered a ride home which we took without question.
One last semi-long weekend ahead and then the volume cuts back even more. Should be fully recovered, rested and ready to go come race day June 27th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment