Thursday, July 16, 2009

Extending the Brick

Wednesday night is brick night... This week the time increased 15 minutes for the bike and stayed at 30 minutes for the run. I've been reading lately that most pro's / coaches recommend doing a transition run after every ride. I don't know if I'll be doing a run after "every" bike ride, but I do really like my Wednesday brick. Actually I look forward to it...

It's been very humid, as we all know who live and train in the midwest. However from here on out I am not going to complain about the weather. I was the one who signed up for an Ironman in Louisville, KY in August after all.

Let's just say last night was much lower in humidity than it's been lately and made for a much better workout... Better pace, lower heart rate. Still sweatin' like crazy while stretching after the run though. :)

Brick: 3 laps around Lakewood loop on the bike. Plus mile out and back to get in 1 hour. Then one lap around 4 mile loop. Legs pretty heavy and fatigued from Tuesday's run.
  • Bike: 1:01:05, 20.12 miles (19.8mph), 128 avg hr
  • Run: 32:28, 4.14 miles (7:51/mi), 152 avg hr

1 comment:

TELL3131 said...

Good work! Solid. . very Solid!