Pretty good night actually with a bit of wind to keep the air moving and it was starting to cloud up as I left the house for the ride. Dark clouds in the northwest looked pretty ominous and I hoped I could get the entire 1:15:00 workout in before the apparent thunderstorm hit.
Felt great on the bike, better than I have in a couple weeks. Should be mostly recovered from the last few weekends of racing I think. Finished up the ride, and still no rain, so made a quick transition to the run. Felt okay in the legs, but the heart rate shot up right away. Has to be due to the heat. Even though it was cloudy, thankfully, it was still very hot. Decided to not worry about pace and concentrate more on form and turnover.
As I came across the dam with about a mile to go in the run I could see some lightening now in the clouds. Perfect timing as I was going to be able to get this thing done before the storm. Took it easy up the last hill again just thinking of good form. Stopped to toss a big rock in the bike lane into the sewer so myself or another rider wouldn't hit it... and found a golf ball too!
Finished up the brick and stretched out the legs. Just dripping sweat... Ah feels so good!
Brick Stats:
- Ride: 16.10 miles, 48:18 (20.0 mph), 136 avg HR
- Run: 4.14 miles, 33:02 (7:58 pace), 161 avg HR! (oooh)
*chicken caesar salad, couple slices of pizza and a Fat Tire beer for dinner ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment