Halfway through week 20 and things are going pretty well. The volume is slowly ramping up and it starts with the swim workouts going from 3000 to 3500. It doesn't sound like much but it can really add up and the fatigue level increases right along with the extra laps. Tuesday was the first day of the longer swim sessions at 3400 (yards now that I'm back to 24 HR Fitness and not at the YMCA). The workout wasn't too difficult, just a couple extra reps per set is all.
500 warmup
8 x 50 drill, swim
12 x 75 on 20 sec rest
12 x 50 on 15 sec rest
12 x 25 on 10 sec rest
8 x 50 drill, swim
300 cool down
Tuesday night A and I met Jared and Kloden at the track for some repeats. Kloden is 1-1/2 so while Jared and I did repeats A pushed him around the track in the jog stroller for a bit and then chased him around on the football field. She loves little kids so she was having fun with him while we did run.
2 mile warmup
2 x 1 mile repeats at tempo pace (6:40ish) with a 200 jog recovery between each
2 mile cool down
Wednesday night was the usual short brick (45 min ride w/ 30 min run). Felt like crap on the bike as the wind was pretty strong from the southwest and my legs were a bit sore from Tuesday. I continue to fight this upper hamstring/ lower glute pain on my right side and I really feel it on long steady climbs... Had me worried the run would suck too but I actually felt really good running. And even though I was trying to hold my pace down and just cruise along, it still shook out as 8:13 pace. Weird...
14 mile ride (44:24, 19 avg mph, 125 avg HR?! Felt harder than that!)
4.15 mile run (34:05, 8:13 pace, 140 avg HR)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment