Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back At It

Apparently we are back to training...

At least that's how it felt during Sunday mornings group run. The first weekend of the month calls for a run through hilly Lake Jacomo and is always a tough run. But coming back from a month of low run volume made this run brutal. I think everyone in the group was feeling the hills but we still hammered it back from the turn around dropping 15 seconds plus off the pace on the trip back.

Out 6 miles to the turn around in about 8:38 pace and then finished the run at 8:25 per mile average. My heart rate was vey hight the entire run and I guess that's not surprising considering we're just getting back into the swing of things.

The problem is that this time of year is reserved for easy base mileage and this run was anything but easy. Not that it wasn't fun because it was. Just a beautiful fall morning to be out. Nice and cool, about 45*F and sunny with fog on the lake.

*Note* Don't dare mention how beautiful the sunrise is while running with a bunch of smart a$$ guys. You are just asking for abuse!

  • Run Stats: 12.11 miles, 1:42:01 (8:25/mi), 160 avg HR

So this week I'm going easy every single run... Last nights (Tuesday) short 4miles felt just blah and I had no energy in my legs at all. Of course some of that might be from walking and standing while watching the high school golf tournament on Monday. So rather than push the pace I just cruised along at a sluggish 8:40 pace.

It does feel good to start back to training though.

1 comment:

TELL3131 said...

Training started on September 1, 2009. . welcome to the party.

You said "Beautiful Sunrise". . HE HE!